Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday Challenge -- the 10 pounder continues

OK, so I think I've lost some weight. I don't actually have a scale, but I'm going to guess about 4 pounds. Looks like all the walking is paying off! I even made a sandwich today with no mayo. It doesn't taste as good, but it doesn't taste too terrible either. I bought fresh Ontario produce from the Farmer's Market this week and have been making light dinners of meat or fish with greens: fiddleheads, asparagus and wild leeks. They are only available at this time of year! Fiddleheads do not grow anywhere else but Canada as far as I know, and the asparagus the rest of the year comes from Peru. Wild leek greens taste awesome raw in a salad, chopped up finely to make a wild leek vinagrette.

I don't have a scale because I used to have an eating disorder. Much like my addiction to Site Meter, I used to weigh myself a billion times a day. It was an issue of control. My life was out of control, but if I could go a whole day just eating a bran muffin (poster child of the eating disorder), or an apple, or a small yogurt, or a diet coke, I had won the battle against chaos.

When I started eating again, I went completely the other way. I binged and gained 20 pounds in a month. It took me a long time to recover from the cycle of not eating and then eating too much. It's been 10 years since my recovery, but I still struggle with the voice inside my head.

I will, however, weigh myself in other people's houses. By Monday I should be able to confirm whether or not I have lost anything. It may just be water weight for all I know, but my stomach is looking flatter. It will never be flat again, but flatteris acceptable.

Still trying to make time to create buttons in Photoshop. Let me know how much you've lost on the challenge and I'll send you a custom one. Need a kick in the ass? Let me know and I'll email you encouraging notes. Flatter stomach from a few weeks of walking! Isn't that incentive to get off your ass? Come on people! You can do it!

No comments: