Sunday, October 23, 2005

New Found Land

My trip in pictures. I blinked and it was over. And it wasn't so bad. Sometimes I felt like I was missing a limb. Most of the time I spent realizing that the flight attendants are right: you really do have to put the oxygen mask on yourself before attending to the child next to you. And boy, what a breath of fresh, salt-water infused O2 it was.

Ah, St. John's Harbour. Can you imagine anything nicer? This is taken from Signal Hill. You gotta go up Signal Hill when you go to St. J's. It THE thing to do. Heh. The little stone house below is the Queen's Battery. That's where they stored ammo and protected the harbour. I packed too much (my luggage was an embarassing 35 lbs!) and drank too little (3 glasses of wine and a rum and coke - over 2 nights!), but had a magnificent time in the birthplace of North America (try and fight me on that all you want, but I'm married to a Viking).

2 comments:

~d.~ said...

this all makes hubbie proud to be a newf!
dawn

~d.~ said...

wow you saw alot in 2 days. i am impressed!